Don't become a Cyber Victim. Be proactive. Check your accounts often using:
Protecting Your Financial Information
Partnership Bank has a rigorous security program in place to protect your financial information. A Bank representative will never contact you and ask for confidential information that they already know, e.g., social security number, password, account number, etc.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEM…THEY DON'T NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU!
- Hang up the phone
- Delete the e-mail
- Log off the website
- Don't share on social media
- Walk away from the snooper
"The "Great Eight" Best Cyber Security Practices
- Log out (EXIT) when finished, especially online banking.
- Do not send confidential information via regular e-mail.
- Stay current with security-related updates and patches.
- Use a current browser and anti-virus software.
- DO NOT save log-in credentials.
- Use only secure, trusted WiFi networks.
- Set up account notifications (if available), e.g. text alerts for credit card purchase.
- Secure your device with a password, passcode, or fingerprint.